Author Topic: Future of this forum  (Read 4660 times)

Offline David Jackson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • David Jackson
Future of this forum
« on: June 20, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
I've been debating the future of this forum.
Specifically, not very many people use it, and the software running it is outdated (which is why spammers keep getting in).

So.....

I was thinking about opening a closed moderated group on Facebook dedicated exclusively to the Campsite which would replace this forum. I'm betting that all of us are on Facebook, so it would integrate with the way we surf the web, and we can encourage more residents to join and become active.

Thoughts? A good idea or shall we just continue as we are? It's up to YOU!
Keep the site clean! If you spot a problem somewhere, you can now file a maintenance report online using your ClubCard account: Go to www.LosGallardosLeisure.es, login with your Clubcard number and click "Report Problem"

Offline Tony673

• View Profile
Re: Future of this forum
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:42:10 PM »
Good idea. Is it possible to run both at the same time for a while to give users a chance to migrate?

Offline leftnow

• HULL KINGSTON ROVERS RLFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 02:02:29 PM »
Don't use facebook so that would be 'adios' for me ....however, I do appreciate that many/most current users will have a facebook account...so I'll wait & see what the consensus of opinion is...will miss the forum though 8)

Offline chiccomallo

• View Profile
    • http://www.colinspain.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »
Will we loose all the old posts, I enjoy going back & reading some of them from ages ago. Or will it all just be transferred over ?
http://www.colinspain.com/

Youtubepage  chicocolin1

Offline David Jackson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • David Jackson
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 07:40:27 PM »
No, I can't transfer them over. This would just sit here until I forget about it and press the delete button.

Otherwise, we all need to go out there and get people to use it!  O0
Keep the site clean! If you spot a problem somewhere, you can now file a maintenance report online using your ClubCard account: Go to www.LosGallardosLeisure.es, login with your Clubcard number and click "Report Problem"

Offline cointreau

• voice of reason in the wilderness of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »
can i come back now?    :angel:

Offline David Jackson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • David Jackson
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 10:06:26 PM »
Where did you go? Assumed your fingers had fallen off!  :o

Offline walkzuk

• View Profile
    • www.walkz.com
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 11:50:11 PM »
I agree that the forum has had its day.
Not enough users although a complete lack of publicity has perhaps contributed to this.
Typical remark, 'I dont use Facebook'. If you can use this you can use facebook.
Took me ages to work up to full member too.
Harry may take a bit of getting up to speed too!
Could the forum not just be left up without accepting new members or posts as a kind of
historical tribute to the past?

'Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you without asking. If he does not, why humiliate him?'"

Offline stingkong

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
Could have been used by the entertainment manager, past and present, to advertise social events and entertainment!

Offline bowlerreg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 05:40:56 PM »
I have no problem using a closed facebook group perhaps the bowling club should do the same. Happy summer heat to the residents full time. Best wishes Reg.

Offline leftnow

• HULL KINGSTON ROVERS RLFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 06:40:18 PM »
I agree that the forum has had its day.
Not enough users although a complete lack of publicity has perhaps contributed to this.
Typical remark, 'I dont use Facebook'. If you can use this you can use facebook.
Took me ages to work up to full member too.
Harry may take a bit of getting up to speed too!
Could the forum not just be left up without accepting new members or posts as a kind of
historical tribute to the past?

Typical remark eh ?

What's rattled your cage then ?

It's MY personal choice not to use facebook...so yes, thanks, I know I have the capability to use it IF i wanted to.

I thought I had been reasonable in my original response to David's post, in that I appreciated many/most folk DO choose to have a facebook account & that I would wait & see what the consesus of opinion was, and then, I simply remarked that I would miss this forum !!

8)

Offline Tony673

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 08:40:54 PM »
I can understand why a lot of people are reluctant to sign up to Facebook or Twitter etc, because of numerous reports of accounts being hijacked but sometimes you just have to try it.

Offline chiccomallo

• View Profile
    • http://www.colinspain.com/
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »
I've said this before but the problem here is its the same old few that post every time & although there's always plenty of hits on the posts unless its something controversial no one comments. If you do happen to start a subject then 9 times out of 10 it turns into an argument & slanging match, perhaps some one might want to make an effort who doesn't normally post, if it goes where are you going to moan ?
http://www.colinspain.com/

Youtubepage  chicocolin1

Offline David Jackson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • David Jackson
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
Now Now people, no quarrelling.
A gentleman (he shall be anonymous) stopped me today and asked me not to close down this forum as he enjoyed it (especially the jokes chicco!)
When I said to pop his opinion on her, he said that he never commented and didn't feel it his place to.
I'd remind everyone that the point of a community forum is for everyone to feel welcome and to participate, and I'd like to see the "lurkers" who have never posted before to come forwards and introduce themselves!

Offline carliol

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »
I like the fact the forum is a HER lets keep her.