Author Topic: Death Race  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Azul

• View Profile
Death Race
« on: February 20, 2012, 02:17:18 PM »
The late night film on Ch5 last night was Death Race. Yep,it was a race alright, would I get to see the end of the film or would Ch5 be cut off between 11 and midnight AGAIN. Needless to say the blue screen won!

Offline harry

• Amiable unless proveked
    • View Profile
    • Harry
Re: Death Race
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »
Saw Disc of `War Horse`, what a waste of extras, scenery, weaponry, camera and technical jiggery pokery, to tell what SHOULD have been a nice simple pleasant little story, terribly over hyped, and, knowing a wee bit about wars, to me, terribly unconvincing, as to actuality, could have spent all those millions MUCH better, that is MY opinion.  A good tale turned into a poor quality circus act, rather a shame to treat it like they did .
   It would seem that unless there are millions spent, no film stands much chance, which is stupid, as some of the very best films over the years were often low budget jobs, BUT, made with, wonderful understanding of WHAT went well, with WHAT, and WHO, was convincing in any part portrayed.
Harry

Offline Galty mountain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »
I was in a Queue once at British War Museum London, they were putting on a display of the 'Blitz' if you wanted to see it while visiting, and a little old lady in front of me was asked:" Would you like to see the 'Blitz''?, little old lady says: "No thanks dear once was enough"
What a fantastic answer i thought, and still think of it to this day today.

Offline Azul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »
All very interesting guys but what the hell has this got to do with the fact that the site loses Ch5 every night!

Offline chiccomallo

• View Profile
    • http://www.colinspain.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
If you want to see Deathrace Azul then stand on the main road on the top site in the morning & watch for a certain lady in a 4X4 from Los Olivos. She actually overtook a car the other morning & went through the gate at about 30mph !. If anybody had been walking through you would have been able to watch casualty & probably one foot in the grave, all in 3D  :o >:(
http://www.colinspain.com/

Youtubepage  chicocolin1

Offline stingkong

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:50 AM »
What do you expect, there is no speed limt for the Leisure side of the site!

Apart from trying to to the clubhouse when the bowlers are gathering!

Offline David Jackson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • David Jackson
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »
Speed limit is 10kph, not that anyone takes a blind bit of notice.
Keep the site clean! If you spot a problem somewhere, you can now file a maintenance report online using your ClubCard account: Go to www.LosGallardosLeisure.es, login with your Clubcard number and click "Report Problem"

ppp

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »
If you want to see Deathrace Azul then stand on the main road on the top site in the morning & watch for a certain lady in a 4X4 from Los Olivos. She actually overtook a car the other morning & went through the gate at about 30mph !. If anybody had been walking through you would have been able to watch casualty & probably one foot in the grave, all in 3D  :o >:(

Is that Foghorn-Leghorn?

Offline chiccomallo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
What do you think PPP ? there shouldnt have to be a speed limit on site Stink, common sence  should tell you if you drive like a nutter then eventually you are going to come unstuck. No offence to anyone on site but most people on here are not chickens anymore & their reactions are not the same as they were when they were in their 20s & they should drive accordingly.

Youtubepage  chicocolin1

Offline David Jackson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • David Jackson
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive. I've even kindly asked certain people to slow down, and after a week they're back up their old speeds again  >:(
Keep the site clean! If you spot a problem somewhere, you can now file a maintenance report online using your ClubCard account: Go to www.LosGallardosLeisure.es, login with your Clubcard number and click "Report Problem"

Offline harry

• Amiable unless proveked
    • View Profile
    • Harry
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 12:51:03 PM »
Watching some of the reality progs on T.V. about driving, are a revelation, absolutely unbelievable, just HOW bad, so many drivers are, I think it is the total absence of ANY thought, for any other drivers , by so many on the roads, AND it seems a total loss/lack  of knowledge about the dire consequences of stupidity, when driving a lethal weapon, which is what any speeding vehicle is.
No wonder hospitals are pushed to deal with the twits.
Harry

Offline Galty mountain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »
Dig a little trench across the road, wide enough for drivers to notice, put sign up saying: "Traffic calming measure ahead". and Bobs your uncle!!!! Or put down a Ramp!!!!

Offline chiccomallo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
Weve already got ramps Galty but if you drive like a looney & have a 4X4 it dont make much of a difference :'(

Youtubepage  chicocolin1

Offline Galty mountain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 06:58:52 PM »
True,!! ya, is a prob alright, when i was there, was no need for Ramps, Attitudes sure have changed, although i think its lack of Manners.

Offline Anthony

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »
We resisted putting down ramps for a long time but a small number of inconsiderate drivers made them inevitable I?m afraid but they still don't slow down that 4x4. Why don't the other residents try shaming them into driving considerately!